Tuesday, September 6, 2011

HALLELUJAH

Yeah, it has been quite a while since I last updated something, it's about time I guess.. Summer went by so rapidly it felt like a blink of an eye. Just selling booze - work work work. Got the time to swim only two times, although that's a hellofalot more than I can say for the past few years :D Since I bought a new bikini before went to Lithuania I was able to get half-naked in public. Yay. Otherwise these past few moths have not been kind to me. Not at all. Brutal, one could say. But that's another story and doesn't belong to the internet.

Spent the summer in Tornevalley and got back to Tampere about a week ago. Haven't been at home for just a couple of nights, I mean evenings. Been out w/ friends and looking for a new job.. *Sigh* Another one ends, another one must begin.

Ordered a new bag and a wallet, Guess Alexis Tote -awesomeness! I have never bought any accessories as expensive as those were! But still pretty cheap compared to if I had bought them from a "proper" store here, only 120€! :3 Love.


I gotta say, I LOVE Tampere. "I love this city, it's so good to be back in Finlands LA. Doing what I do best." Not really doing what I do best, just some studying and practicing for the acoustic gig I have coming up in October. Solo, that is. I'm literally terrified, petrified and even the pure thought scares the hell outta me. First gig ever I have all by myself to perform. Alone. Thank god it's only a couple of songs.. This is my set list:

Anna Puu - C´est la vie
Apocalyptica - Not Strong Enough
Happoradio - Puhu äänellä jonka kuulen
Kate Voegele - Hallelujah

(I know the hallelujah song is not originally hers, I just love the version she made. Actually I don't know whose it is.. Anyways, I've always loved that song and now I finally got a good reason to learn it. AND if it's good enough for Bon Jovi, it's good enough for me. Period.)

I've also been playing Skid Row's Monkey Business, 'cause we might get together with some friends at a jam session @ Jack The Rooster, 18.9, and play it. Well see how that turns out, quite frankly I'm terrified of that too :D Though I know it will be fun.

So here I was, sippin' my red wine and playing Monkey Business (with an amplifier and all), when there was a knock on the door. My neighbour, apparently from the next door, came all like "Are you the one playing guitar over here???" and I'm like, "yeaahh.. Am I being too loud..?" (My first thought. Am I interrupting everyone's peace?? Has he come to tell me to tone it down??). And what he said next, got me off guard. "Oh that's fine, no problem dude! I've been listening u play so many times, u're really good!" .... "What? Really??" "Sure! Good job! It's nice to hear someone play who can actually do it. I play guitar myself." And I just stood there and smiled, awestruck. Then he went, and I felt happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment